Thursday 4 February 2010

Conquering crochet, Part 1.


Yes, have hope all you non-crocheters out there!
I have hated and loved and struggled with crochet for ages - can't follow the patterns for the life of me - the hook goes where? you make a loop for the what now???! you make a row with 1dc in 2nd ch miss next ch rep from last dc 1dc in next ch sch 11tr in ring 1ss in 3rd argggggggggggggggggggggg madness

And yet....
I,
totally terrible and completely hopeless crocheter
have made
a square!


That's right,
a whole square...
So have hope :)
If I can do it, anyone can

Thank you to the blog of Dottie Angel, for inspiring me to try one more time


The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.
- George F. Will

2 comments:

  1. hurrah!!!

    doesn't it just make you feel so good inside... i felt just the same when i mastered my first granny square last summer. there was no going back, i was 'hooked' :)

    Tif x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definately addicted, I have already started on a big blanket... for the cat...

    :D

    ReplyDelete