Monday 9 February 2009

De-junking

Why is it so hard to get rid of stuff that you know you don't need, don't use and don't really want??!

I'm having a massive decluttering at the mo

Today I sorted my MAHUSSIVE pile of photographs out!! Chucked any rubbish fuzzy-no-good ones, then organised them into years and even added a couple of peoples names, places etc to the backs...

I feel that I am actually doing quite well (for me). I've sorted out loads of clothes to give away at church, even some shoes and books** (which was really hard to do actually. see end of post).
I hate feeling so attached to STUFF. I feel bogged down by it, I want to clear out more but there's some stuff I just can't seem to let go off :( urgg.
Clothes are the worst thing - I think it's because the things we know we really oughta get rid of are the things that we bought thinking we were someone else, lol, the things we wish we could wear.
“We don’t need to increase our goods nearly as much as we need to scale down our wants. Not wanting something is as good as possessing it.” - Donald Horban


Books can be posted to a good home, those left at the moment include:

The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy (made me cry)
One of my THREE copies of Pride and Prejudice lol
On Beauty by Zadie Smith
My Legendary Girlfriend by Mike Gayle
First steps in Yoga

Probably will add more soon. Clutter clutter clutter....

No comments:

Post a Comment